Take your breakfast to the next level with this indulgent and delicious Chicken & Waffle recipe that turns our Asylum Sugar Maple Imperial Stout into a sticky, sweet "maple" syrup.
Imperial Stout "Maple" Syrup
1 1/2 cups Asylum Sugar Maple Imperial Stout
1 cup brown sugar
Fried Chicken & Waffle
4 x Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Vegetable oil for frying
Waffles - or find a recipe for waffles here
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Imperial Stout Maple Syrup
1. Combine beer and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Bring to a gentle simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, skimming off any foam that forms on top until reduced to a syrup consistency. Don't stir the mixture too much, as it will harden to a rock candy like texture.
Chicken & Waffles
1. Whisk the buttermilk, salt, hot sauce and smoked paprika in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add chicken to the bowl and cover in brine. Cover and let marinate for 1 hour - overnight in the fridge.
3. Heat oil in a deep set pan, turn on the oven to heat the waffles (follow packet instructions).
4. While oil is heating, mix flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt & pepper. Coat chicken thoroughly in seasoned flour.
5. Fry the chicken in hot oil until golden brown, crispy and cooked through completely (about 8-9 minutes).
6. Heat waffles for a few minutes in the oven.
7. Serve chicken on the waffles with a generous drizzle of Asylum Imperial Stout Maple Syrup!